Primary health care services are a basic necessity. We ensure that these services are available and accessible to all Windsor residents regardless of age, sex, race or economic status.
We conduct an annual Senior Health Fair in cooperation with the Senior and Adult team. This fair is designed to bring medical screening and a variety of health information to approximately 920 Windsor seniors and caregivers.
A variety of screening clinics are sponsored to promote the early detection of cancer.
The health department administers approximately 1,250 doses of flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine to senior citizens at two flu clinics annually.
Together with the Town of Bloomfield, a rabies vaccination clinic is held each year to administer approximately 200 vaccinations to the dogs and cats of Windsor and Bloomfield residents.
Under the state immunization program we distribute over 10,200 doses of vaccine to Windsor physicians.
Links & Resources
- Going On A Trip? Traveller's Health and Vaccination Recommendations From CDC
- Mass Dispensing Area (MDA) 31: Serving The Citizens Of Windsor & South Windsor
- Smallpox Facts
- All-hazards Emergency Response Planning Resouces For Health Care Facilities
- US FDA: A Guide to Safe Use of Pain Medicine
- Smallpox Vaccine Basics: Information For The General Public
- Online Pediatric Environmental Health Toolkit Training
- CDC Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report
- New child oral health program information for parents & dental care providers