Election Day Registration
If all voter registration deadlines have been missed a bona fide resident of the town of Windsor may register to vote and cast a ballot at the special Election Day Registration location, on the lower level of Windsor Town Hall, Ludlow Room. Election Day Registration is from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
A voter must bring the appropriate proof of identity and residency. See below for acceptable proof.
The Election Day Registration process requires verification that the voter is not registered to vote in any other municipality in CT, or, if the voter is registered, election officials must determine that the individual has not voted in the other municipality by telephoning the corresponding Registrars of Voters.
The entire process is lengthy, as it includes voter registration, verification, and then finally actual casting of a ballot. Depending on the popularity of this option and the individual voter’s circumstances, wait times can vary from a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour.
This option is only available at the EDR location at Town Hall. It is not available at neighborhood polling places.
Acceptable ID for Election Day Registration
Voter must appear in person.
Must provide proof of identity and residence.
NOTE: Current DMV Connecticut Driver’s License/Non-Driver’s License/Leaner’s Permit satisfy both proof of identity and residence (Adhesive strip with change of address is acceptable)
Proof of identity:
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Oath of another elector or proof satisfactory to registrars (reminder identity ONLY).
- College photo ID in place of any of above
- Drivers License (Reminder: out of state ok for identity ONLY)
Proof of Residence (Example):
- Current CT Driver’s License/Non-Driver’s License or Learner’s Permit
- Utility Bill –due no later than 30 days post election
- Current college or university registration or fee statement
- Current Paycheck/Bank Statement
- Property tax bill
- Naturalization documents
- Passport (recent & include residential address)