Town of Windsor
July 2020 Tax Bill Deferment
Deferment Program. The Town of Windsor has opted to defer taxes for 90 days in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 7S and 7W.
(1) From April 1, 2020 through and including July 1, 2020, all taxes on real property, personal property, motor vehicles shall be deferred by three (3) months from the date that such tax became due and payable.
Tax Bills: Due July 1, 2020, will be delinquent after October 1, 2020
(2) Notwithstanding the foregoing, financial institutions and mortgage servicers that hold property tax payments in escrow on behalf of a borrower shall continue to remit property taxes to the Town of Windsor, on the due date of 7/1/2020 and will be delinquent after August 3, 2020.
(3) Taxpayers must pay all taxes deferred in full within three (3) months after the original due date. If the taxpayer fails to make payments as noted in this section, all interest, fees, and penalties will be applied to all unpaid portions retroactive to the original due date of July 1, 2020.
THE DEFERMENT PROGRAM DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Taxes that are already past due, as this is not an amnesty or waiver of interest or other charges on delinquent taxes; and
- Taxes, charges or assessments charged to LANDLORDS. Landlords must apply to Tax Collector to participate in the Deferment Program by July 15, 2020. Applications can be made to the Tax Collector at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the tax office at 275 Broad St, Windsor, CT 06095. The following link can be used for making application: