Windsor Camps, Pools, Parks and Playgrounds
How Windsor Recreation & Leisure Services is responding to COVID-19
Summer Fun Camps
See all information and modifications to both Summer Fun Camp and Summer Fun Camp PLUS.
NWP Camp Foxfire
See all information and modifications to Northwest Parks’ Camp Foxfire
Summer programs for children ages 3 to 10 years old and elementary programs for children entering Kindergarten through 5th grade.
Our staff has been working with local and state officials to develop a plan to open our pools this summer. This comprehensive plan will include new safety procedures. Our staff will be cleaning all facilities often. Also, a reduction in our facility capacity will ensure space for safe distancing. Finally, our online reservation process for public swim sessions will ensure safe capacities, guarantee a spot, and less wait time in line.
- Public Swim Sessions: We expect Windsor public pools to open on July 1, 2020. Weather permitting, there will be lap/senior and recreation swim each day. All recreation swim sessions will be two hours long. There will be fifteen minutes between each session for our staff to do a thorough cleaning of the facility. At that time we will ask all patrons to leave the facility promptly. Our capacity will be about 50% of our usual size. For your safety, reservations are recommended to use our pools. You may reserve a time(s) for any of our swim sessions at our online registration catalog here. Reservations are available beginning at 8:00 AM (EST) the day before the swim session takes place. The daily admission price for senior citizens and individuals under the age of 18 is $1.50, and adults are $2.50. Non-resident’s fees double for each age group.
- Check-in at the pool: When you arrive at the pool, you will follow social distancing markers. These will guide you from the sidewalk to the pool’s check-in desk. At the desk, you will provide an account name for your family’s registration. Next, you will provide the number of people in your group. Only those who have a reservation for the public swim session will enter into the pool area. The fee is due during the online reservation process via credit or debit card.
- While on the pool deck: Groups are to distance themselves from other groups. We will have markings on our pool deck that will accommodate enough space for 4-5 people. These markings will leave enough room for others to get by. Adults must wear a face mask from the parking area until they’re settled on the pool deck. A mask or face covering is not necessary while sitting or while in the water. Yet, a face mask is required while walking the deck to use the restroom and exiting the facility.
- Swim lessons: We will only be able to offer a limited number of swim lessons. The number of participants per lesson is also limited. Due to social distancing, we are only able to offer the following lessons: Parent Tot, Water Adjustment (with a parent in the water), and levels 4-6. Swim Lesson registration will start on Monday, June 22 at 8am online at our online registration catalog or in the Recreation office.
- Pool Passes – We will start selling our pool passes on Monday, June 22 at 8am online at our online registration catalog or in the Recreation office. Passes are $60.00 for a family pass, $25.00 for a senior pass, or $35.00 per individual adult. They are good for either Welch or Goslee pool. sale of pool passes. You may reserve a time(s) for any of our swim sessions at our online registration catalog. Reservations are available beginning at 8:00 AM (EST) the day before the swim session takes place.
- Cleaning and sanitizing our facilities: Our “clean team” will be disinfecting common touch services throughout the day. These include railings, door handles, restrooms, and more. We ask that you do your best to cover your coughs and sneezes and dispose of soiled tissues. Please be patient as you may have to wait for a restroom while or staff completes a frequent cleaning.
We know these have been trying times for everyone. We appreciate your patience and support as we navigate this process together.
Our team looks forward to serving your family this summer in a safe and fun environment.
The Town of Windsor’s parks and trails are open for passive recreational use only.
All playgrounds are closed until further notice, and all patrons are asked to remember the following guidelines when using our parks.