Cross-Country Ski & Snowshoe Rentals at Northwest Park
Cross-Country Ski & Snowshoe rentals are available from the Warming Shed on Saturdays and Sundays beginning Saturday, January 7th. Rentals are available from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, when there is at least a 6” base of snow and adequate conditions. Equipment rentals are reserved for a 2-hour block. Last rentals at 2:00 PM. The rental season is currently expected to run through March 19, 2023, weather permitting. If you have your own equipment, the trails are open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Rental fee: $10.00 (Windsor Resident), $15.00 (Non-resident) for 2 hours
- Preregistration is required to reserve equipment. If conditions are adequate for weekend rentals, registration will open Friday at 12:00 PM. Registration closes Saturday at 9:00 AM for Saturday rentals and Sunday at 9:00 AM for Sunday rentals.
- No walk-in registrations
- You will be asked to provide a Driver’s License as a form of collateral
- View the ski/snowshoe trail map
- View the flyer
Rental Equipment Information
- Adult & Child sizes available
- Snowshoe rentals include: Snowshoes and Poles (optional)
- Winter boots must be worn for snowshoe equipment to fit properly
- Cross-Country ski rentals include: Boots, Skis & Poles
Our trails are not groomed, however, you can often follow the tracks left behind by other skiers. Call us Friday afternoon for an update on snow conditions at 860-285-1886.
Restroom facilities, located on the side of the Nature Center, are open. We will also have water and refreshments for sale in the Warming Shed for $1.00.