Citizen Advisory Task Force on Clean and Sustainable Energy
The Task Force shall consist of seven (7) members who shall be appointed by the Town Council. The Council shall not appoint more than a bare majority of any one party on any board, and in filling a vacancy the appointee shall be chosen from the same political party as the person vacating the office if that person was a member of a political party. This shall not, however, preclude the appointment by the Council of any person who is not a member of any political party.
Terms of members
A membership term shall be for the duration of the Task Force.
Filing vacancies, removing members
The appointing authorities shall fill vacancies in the membership of the Task Force and remove any member for cause. Council appointees shall be removed in the manner provided in Section 6-3 of the Charter. Failure to attend three consecutive meetings shall constitute a cause of removal.
The Task Force shall select a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and Secretary at its first meeting.
Regular meetings shall be held in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act at such time and date as determined by the Committee.
The Sustainability/Clean Energy Task Force shall have the following powers and duties:
- Will work with Town Staff to identify sustainability opportunities.
- Shall identify and study viable and feasible sustainability projects and programs to reduce energy consumption and/or expenses in town and school facilities.
- Shall increase public awareness, education, and municipal participation in sustainability efforts including energy conservation, renewable resources, and other environmentally friendly practices.
- Shall provide an annual report to the Town Council and provide any reports as necessary and upon request.
- Shall serve in an advisory capacity and recommendations shall not bind the Town to take any specific action or require that it appropriate funds.
- Shall do such other duties as assigned by Council from time to time.