COVID-19 MODIFIED ACCESS BY APPOINTMENT
The Windsor Town Hall is currently closed to the public. In an effort to keep our residents and staff safe, the Town Clerk’s office is offering modified services at this time. While we are still offering limited services only by appointment, the office is staffed Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, and a staff member is available by phone or email during this time. Additionally, the following essential services are offered to select agencies and qualifying individuals by appointment only:
- Land Recordings
- Assisting in office by appointment only. Offered to law offices, title companies, and surveyors for land recordings and records. All Windsor land records and maps (1640 to Present) are also available online through the town website. Land Indexes Online
- Deaths/ Cremation & Burial Permits
- Assisting funeral directors by appointment only.
- List of Subregistrars
- Marriage Licenses
- Assisting couples with weddings occurring immediately within two weeks, by appointment only. Couples are asked to submit all required materials by email before arranging an appointment. Apply for a Marriage License
- Certified Copies of Vital Records
- We are processing all requests for certified copies of vital records by mail at this time. Request a Certified Copy of a Vital Record
If you are in need of additional services from the Town Clerk’s office, please give our office a call at 860-285-1902 to confirm availability and current operating procedures.
Thank you for your patience at this time.
The Town Clerk’s Office takes pride in delivering unsurpassed customer service to the public. The Town Clerk’s Office is the record keeper for the town and is heavily regulated by State Statute. This office is responsible for certifying elections, recording land records and maps, filing and issuing vital statistics and issuing dog licenses, fish and game licenses and other various licenses.
The Clerk’s Office also provides customer service to the citizens of Windsor by answering the main telephone line, providing information and notary services.
Links & Resources
See below for links to useful resources & information