Unpaid taxes will be considered delinquent on October 2, 2020. Beginning October 2, 2020, interest will be charged retroactively from the original due date of July 1, 2020 on any unpaid taxes.
Take advantage of our convenient ways to manage and pay your Town of Windsor taxes!
You can always pay your taxes by mailing in a check or visiting the Windsor Tax Collector’s office in Town Hall. However, we now provide two alternate ways for you to conveniently pay your Windsor real estate, motor vehicle or personal property taxes.
You can look up and pay the balances due on your Windsor taxes online!
Begin the process by clicking “Tax Inquiry" or “Make a Payment" below. Once you have found your tax bill you may choose to pay from one of three payment methods:
- Pay directly from your checking account: If you choose this convenient option, have a blank check handy to fill in the required information. This option is free!
- Debit Card: Use your debit card to make payments directly from your checking account. A fixed fee of $2.95 will be added to the amount of your payment.
- Credit Card: Use your MasterCard, Visa, or Discover card. A new lower fee of 2.5% of your tax payment will be added to the amount you are charging.
Online ACH payments DO NOT allow for immediate DMV Clearance, online ACH payments are subject to a FIVE (5) business day hold.
If you wish to pay online and need an immediate DMV clearance, you must pay using either a debit or credit card (all applicable convenience fees will apply). You will need to call the tax office at 860-285-1810 with your confirmation number for us to clear you.
You may call after 5 business days with your ACH confirmation number so that we may clear you.
If you do not call us, the hold will be released automatically in 10 business days.
Online or over the phone through Official Payments
You can pay your taxes online or by phone using your MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express credit card through Official Payments.
- Online: Official Payments Corp. charges the taxpayer a convenience fee based on the amount of the payment. That fee is calculated as 3% of the payment. Click the image below to begin the online payment process.
- By Phone: You can also pay through Official Payments by calling 1-800-2Pay-Tax (800-272-9829). Windsor has been assigned a special jurisdiction code of 1771. You should have this code, your tax bill and your credit card readily available before you call.