Windsor Senior Center – 2020-2021 COVID-19 Response and Program Survey
Your feedback is important to us. This brief survey will take approximately 3-4 minutes to complete. Please help us by completing the following short survey by Saturday, August 22, 2020. Thank you!
Hello Windsor Seniors!
As of Tuesday, October 13, Windsor Senior Services resumed limited indoor activities including a Coffee Social Hour on Tuesdays and Fridays at 9:30am, drop in Craft Hour on Wednesdays at 1:00pm and Bingo on Fridays at 1:00pm. We look forward to seeing you all again….. Safely!
COVID-19 Information and Senior Center Reopening Guidelines
Since guidelines have been issued from the state for Senior Centers to slowly reopen, the Windsor Senior Center will reopen to the public with modified indoor program/activities. Our facility will be open to the public from 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Please know that we will be following and enforcing the strict guidelines and protocols set up by Governor Lamont and his committee. This means that we will have to make changes to the way we operate. Our first and most important commitment is always the safety and health of our seniors and staff. Please be aware that:
• Indoor activities are reserved for Windsor residents and Senior Center Members only
• We require the use of face coverings when in the building and ask that you please respect social distancing while at the Center – keep 6ft apart as much as possible
• We ask that you wash your hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, and cover your cough and sneeze, and STAY HOME if not feeling well
• You must enter through the main entrance and exit through the marked exit doors in the Senior Center Cafeteria. One way in and one way out, at this time
• Registration for ALL activities is required. Registration for October will open on Monday, September 28 at 9am. We are encouraging online registration, however, if necessary, you may call the Senior Center to register at 860-285-1992 between 9am-12pm. Unfortunately, registrations cannot be accepted via voicemail or email
• Our indoor activities will be limited in offering and size due to space and social distancing. A max of 20 people can attend our indoor activities
• There will be no access to the Senior Center office. Please check in for all activities at the Reception Window
• “Drop ins” are not allowed at this time; please attend only the activity that you have registered for and exit the building at the end of that activity so staff can sanitize the space
• Sharing of equipment is not allowed at this time (i.e.: bring your own crafting supplies, own exercise equipment, etc.). Card & Game groups will not be allowed to meet at this time
• CRT Meals will continue to be delivered on Wednesdays and not served in house
• We will continue to offer virtual and over the phone activities
• Your feedback is always welcome, please share your thoughts with us
• If we all work together, we can be together, safely. Thank you!
COVID-19 PROCEDURES FOR OPENING TOWN BUILDINGS
Specific actions have been taken to evaluate and implement social distancing and practices to keep both the public and town staff safe. There may be additional specific actions unique to different buildings and programs. The following actions apply to all town buildings:
- Please do not enter the building if you are not feeling well
- A face mask must be worn to enter the building
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed – a minimum of 6 feet apart
- The number of people in the building may be limited
- Hand sanitizer stations will be at every entrance
- Traffic patterns will be delineated as needed for social distancing
- Plexiglas partitions have been installed at work stations where public transactions take place
- Markings 6 feet apart will be in place on the floor where lines should form while waiting to conduct their business
GUIDELINES SPECIFIC TO THE L.P. WILSON COMMUNITY CENTER
- A Facility Assistant will be stationed at the main entrance of the building to assist in directing customers to their destination – please enter through the main entrance at L.P. Wilson Community Center
- The Facility Assistant will call the appropriate department, and a department representative will meet the guest in the hallway to ascertain their need
For the most up-to-date information from the State of Connecticut on COVID-19, including an FAQ and other guidance and resources, residents are encouraged to visit https://www.ct.gov/coronavirus.
Individuals who have general questions that are not answered on the website can also call 2-1-1 for assistance. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and has multilingual assistance. Relay services can be accessed by calling 7-1-1. Anyone who is out-of-state or using Relay can connect to Connecticut 2-1-1 toll free by dialing 1-800-203-1234. The hotline is intended to be used by individuals who are not experiencing symptoms but may have general questions related to COVID-19. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms are strongly urged to contact their medical provider.
Senior Services’ staff have been busy planning and running both in home and virtual programs, promoting various educational programs on our website and Facebook page, and via newsletters and emails blasts. We look forward to the day when we can get back to our busy and fun Senior Center with a calendar full of activities. Until then, please continue to visit this website and our Facebook page for updates and additional information.
Windsor Senior Services