Windsor Senior Center – 2020-2021 COVID-19 Response and Program Survey
Your feedback is important to us. This brief survey will take approximately 3-4 minutes to complete. Please help us by completing the following short survey by Saturday, August 22, 2020. Thank you!
Hello Windsor Seniors!
On Monday, June 8, 2020, the LP Wilson Community Center will be open to the public for a variety of administrative functions including Recreation & Leisure Service program registration, Social Services appointments and food distribution and your Senior Services administrative needs (i.e.: enrolling for Dial-a-Ride, picking up equipment from our Lending Closet). Governor Lamont still recommends that those 65+ or who are immunocompromised remain at home as much as possible to avoid the risk of becoming ill.
Unfortunately, at this time, we are still unable to schedule any in-house programs or activities, as the health and safety of our seniors is our number one priority, but we are diligently planning for the time when we are able to do so again.
Staff will be reporting to LP Wilson and we are planning to begin transportation services for medical appointments, grocery shopping and pharmacy pick-ups as soon as possible. We will be providing updates regarding transportation services via email and here on our website.
COVID-19 PROCEDURES FOR OPENING TOWN BUILDINGS
Specific actions have been taken to evaluate and implement social distancing and practices to keep both the public and town staff safe. There may be additional specific actions unique to different buildings and programs. The following actions apply to all town buildings:
- Please do not enter the building if you are not feeling well
- A face mask must be worn to enter the building
- Social distancing guidelines should be followed – a minimum of 6 feet apart
- The number of people in the building may be limited
- Hand sanitizer stations will be at every entrance
- Traffic patterns will be delineated as needed for social distancing
- Plexiglas partitions have been installed at work stations where public transactions take place
- Markings 6 feet apart will be in place on the floor where lines should form while waiting to conduct their business
GUIDELINES SPECIFIC TO THE L.P. WILSON COMMUNITY CENTER
- A Facility Assistant will be stationed at the main entrance of the building to assist in directing customers to their destination – please enter through the main entrance at L.P. Wilson Community Center
- The Facility Assistant will call the appropriate department, and a department representative will meet the guest in the hallway to ascertain their need
For the most up-to-date information from the State of Connecticut on COVID-19, including an FAQ and other guidance and resources, residents are encouraged to visit https://www.ct.gov/coronavirus.
Individuals who have general questions that are not answered on the website can also call 2-1-1 for assistance. The hotline is available 24 hours a day and has multilingual assistance. Relay services can be accessed by calling 7-1-1. Anyone who is out-of-state or using Relay can connect to Connecticut 2-1-1 toll free by dialing 1-800-203-1234. The hotline is intended to be used by individuals who are not experiencing symptoms but may have general questions related to COVID-19. Anyone who is experiencing symptoms are strongly urged to contact their medical provider.
Senior Services’ staff have been busy planning and running both in home and virtual programs, promoting various educational programs on our website and Facebook page, and via newsletters and emails blasts. We look forward to the day when we can get back to our busy and fun Senior Center with a calendar full of activities. Until then, please continue to visit this website and our Facebook page for updates and additional information.
- Windsor Senior Services