- COVID-19 Vaccine appointments are currently being schedule for those 16 and Older:
For information on how to schedule a vaccination please visit:
Vaccine Appointment Assist Line – 877-918-2224
Available 8:00am – 8:00 pm EST, 7 days a week
- Community Health Center vaccine locations statewide, including East Hartford’s Rentschler Field, are now offering the COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment to CT residents, 7 days a week, 8:30am-4:00 pm.
- Due to COVID-19, the AARP Tax-Aide Program will not be doing taxes at the Windsor Senior Center. Click Here to view list of current income tax assistance programs.
- SNAP: Online purchasing
Online food purchasing now available at ALDI, Amazon Walmart and ShopRite through Instacart. Client must create a profile on Instacart: www.instacart.com (http://www.instacart.com/), then enter EBT food card information as a form of payment. (cannot use cash assistance benefits on cards for online shopping) Instacart will waive delivery and/or pickup fees on up to the first three EBT SNAP orders for 90 days for ALDI beginning December 16, 2020.
- SNAP: Automatic renewals from December 2020-June 2021
No periodic reviews, but annual certifications may occur during this timeframe. ABAWD work requirements suspended also for duration of public health emergency.
- Unemployment – contacting CT Dept. of Labor
These are the telephone numbers we have been given:
- **There is also a chat function on the Dept. of Labor website.**
Want to help your neighbors during this current time of need?
Ways you can help make a difference:
- Call Social Services to see what the current needs are. 860-285-1839.
- Become a Mobile Foodshare volunteer. Visit https://foodshare.volunteerhub.com/
- Windsor Food Bank is now accepting food donations during limited hours. Please call 860-285-1839 to schedule an appointment to make a food donation.
- Make a monetary donation to the Windsor Food & Fuel Bank.
*Donations can be mailed to: PO Box 854, Windsor, CT 06095
*Donations can be made online at: https://www.windsorfoodbank.org/getinvolved/donateonline
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC CRISIS, there have been some changes at the LP Wilson Community Center. BUT WE ARE STILL HERE TO HELP YOU. Call 860-285-1839.
Staff are working both on site at our LP Wilson office and remotely and will continue to answer phone calls and regularly check messages and emails which will be returned daily during limited hours. Our return call to you may have “No Caller ID”. Please plan to answer your phone or check your voicemails as this may be us returning your call.
The Windsor Food Bank is still making distributions outside of the building Monday and Tuesday mornings and Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. The Thursday evening shift is closed.
Click Here for the SOCIAL SERVICES NEWSLETTER for the month of May 2021.
Click Here for the SOCIAL SERVICES NEWSLETTER for the month of April 2021.
The Department of Social Services can assist families during difficult times. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and caring. All contacts are confidential.
Social Services provides :
- Casework and Support
- Information and Referral
- Food Bank, Diaper Closet, Mobile Foodshare, Groceries to Go, Weekend Wheels Backpack program
- SNAP (Food Stamps) enrollment and renewal by appointment only
- Medicare options counseling
- Energy and Utility Assistance
- Support groups for Diabetics, Share Groups and monthly informational events
- Special holiday programs
Windsor Social Services coordinates a wide variety of volunteer opportunities and many of our programs are supported by Windsor C.A.R.E.S. and Windsor Food and Fuel Bank.
News & Announcements
RENTERS’ REBATE PROGRAM IS NOW OPEN
THIS PROGRAM IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM APRIL 1ST THRU OCTOBER 1ST FOR THE 2020 RENTAL YEAR.
This is a reimbursement program for CT renters who are elderly or totally disabled whose income do not exceed certain limits.
Click Here to view the program letter.
Click Here to view the program return document checklist.
Windsor Housing Tenants should contact Windsor Housing Authority office to apply for the program.
This Foodshare program comes to Windsor to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to individuals and families in need of food assistance.
The Windsor distribution location is at the HOPEWELL BAPTIST CHURCH, 280 Windsor Avenue. Distributions will be every other Wednesday afternoon from 1:30 – 2:00 pm. Click Here to view distribution dates.
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC CRISIS, please visit http://site.foodshare.org or TEXT the word FOODSHARE to 85511 to find the Mobile sites that are still open.
Caseworker at the Library
Due to the current COVID-19 PANDEMIC CRISIS, Maggie Goodman, our caseworker at the library, will now be available every Tuesday from 9:00 AM-11:00 AM for phone consultations. Please call Maggie at 860-285-1873. No appointment is necessary. She will be happy to answer questions and provide resource information to people in need of assistance.
Diabetic Support Group
The Diabetic Support Group meets the third Tuesday of each month at 11:00 am at the LP Wilson Community Center in the All Purpose One Room. This event is open to all diabetics and their family members.
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC CRISIS, meetings are postponed until further notice.
Weekend Wheels Backpack Program
The Weekend Wheels backpack program distributes a food filled backpack or drawstring bag to qualifying elementary and middle school children each week throughout the school year for the purpose of providing nutritional assistance through the weekend.
Click Here to learn more about the program and other ways to register throughout the school year.
DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC CRISIS, this program is currently making distributions thru home delivery.