Are you experiencing homelessness and need help now?
Follow the steps below:
- To begin this process, persons experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of homelessness must call 2-1-1 and dial #3 and #1 to speak to a contact specialist trained to assess housing needs.
- Anyone seeking shelter in Connecticut must connect directly with 2-1-1
- 2-1-1 is your one-stop connection to the local services you need; housing, utility assistance, food, child care, after school programs, elder care, crisis intervention, and much more!!
- 2-1-1 is always ready to assist you to find the help you need. Dial 2-1-1 or search online.
Review the resources below, in the section labeled “Resources” to see what’s available to you!
If you are experiencing homeless in Windsor and you need additional information, please contact one of our Social Service caseworkers below:
- American Job Center: https://portal.ct.gov/ajc
- Training opportunities:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), formerly called food stamps, is a government program that helps people buy the food they need for healthy lives. – 24/7 Access benefit and application information at https://www.connect.ct.gov/access/jsp/access/Home.jsp
- Windsor Food Bank: The Windsor Food Bank is located at L.P Wilson Community Center on 599 Matianuck Ave. Qualifying residents are able to use the Food Bank 1 time per month. Please contact 860-285-1839 for more information.
- Mobile Foodshare- Windsor Social Services has partnered with Foodshare to provide Mobile Foodshare. This mobile pantry program provides primarily fresh fruits and vegetables to individuals and families in need. The distribution site for Windsor is at the HOPEWELL BAPTIST CHURCH, 280 Windsor Avenue. The distributions will be held every other Wednesday from 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm. Click Here to view distribution dates.No registration is required for this program. You will need to bring your own bags with you as they are not provided.
Free Government-issued phones:
Homeless Assistance Overview:
Legal Assistance (State of CT):
- Rent and Eviction During COVID-19:https://ctlawhelp.org/en/evictions-during-coronavirus-crisis
- Statewide Legal Services of CT
- English: https://www.slsct.org/
- Spanish: https://www.slsct.org/es
- Windsor Animal Control
Monday – Friday 7 A.M. – 3 P.M
A.C.O. Kim Van Wormer
Risk of losing your home…
- Contact a housing Counselor: https://www.hud.gov/i_want_to/talk_to_a_housing_counselor
- Avoid Foreclosure:
Security Deposit programs:
- State Assistance https://portal.ct.gov/DOH/DOH/Programs/Security-Deposit-Program
- Find your local warming Center