Windsor’s Single-Stream Recycling rolling cart.
Use the lookup tool on the right to determine which week your street is on (Week A or Week B). Then click on the result to see the full pick-up schedule.
It’s easy! Here’s how it works:
- Put the Big Blue cart with your recyclables out at the curb every other week. Use the lookup tool on the right hand side of this page to help you remember which week recyclables will be collected.
- Use the Big Blue rolling cart to collect all of your recyclables. The small recycling container we used in the past is yours to keep and use any way you like, or put it in big blue to be recycled.
- Use your current green rolling cart for garbage and continue to put it out at the curb by 7AM every week on the same day you do now. No change there!
Automated collection enables everyone in windsor to quickly, easily and responsibly dispose of recycleables in one convenient, light-weight cart every other week.
What can you recycle?
Here’s what to put in Big Blue every other week
- Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, phone books
- Paper, paperboard, cardboard, paper bags
- Hard and soft cover books
- Rinsed glass and metal food contianers
- Rinsed aluminum foil, cans, juice and milk cartons
- Rinsed plastic containers marked #1 through #7.
Here’s the household garbage that goes into
your green cart every week
- Food waste
- Plastic bags, plastic wrap and trash bags
- Styrofoam and Polystyrene
- Empty motor oil containers, empty medicine bottles, non-fluorescent light bulbs
- CDs and DVDs
- Ice cream cartons
- Pots, pans, coat hangers and garden tools