Use of Town Green
All of us who live in Windsor are justifiably proud of the appearance and history of our Town Green. To preserve our heritage and to maintain the property for all to enjoy, please adhere to the Town Green guidelines when holding a special event. Use of the Green is limited to Windsor non-profit events. Each non-profit organization may use the Green up to four times a year.
To prevent any scheduling conflicts please register with the Town Clerk’s Office at least four (4) weeks in advance of the event. Use of the Green is permitted from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday through Saturday and from 12 noon to 9:00 p.m. on Sundays. Applications for the upcoming year will be accepted beginning in January of that year. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. No reservation will be accepted orally or electronically. A completed application must be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office to reserve a date and time. Unfortunately, the Green may not be used for playing unorganized sports, including skateboarding.
If you are interested in holding an event on the Town Green, please complete the form below in its entirety.
Once completed, please bring the form in person to the Town Clerk’s Office for an official signature and to assure that your event is booked on the Town Green schedule. No applications will be accepted by e-mail or fax. Just a reminder: as your event date gets closer, re-check the form to be certain that all of the requirements have been taken care of.
Signs and displays are limited to the section of the Green that is just north of the library exit. In accordance with the town zoning regulations, signs are to be limited to 16 square feet per side and should be freestanding only, with no stakes in the ground. Heavy signs should be secured with sandbags or some other material to keep from toppling.
Town Green Sign Use Policy
- Signs can only be placed on the southwest corner of the main Town Green
- To prevent damage to the underground irrigation pipes; only free-standing signs may be placed on the Town Green.
- The maximum size of a sign that can be installed is 16 square feet
- Signs may be placed on the Town Green up to 3 weeks prior to the event and removed within 48 hours after the event.
- The Town will remove all signs after two (2) weeks.
- Only Windsor non-profit organizations can place a sign on the Town Green.