An Elector may vote by absentee ballot for one of the following reasons, and for no other:
- COVID-19 (Pursuant to Senate Bill 1202 of the Special Session June, 2021)
- Absence from the town during all hours of voting
- Illness or physical disability
- Active service in the U.S. Armed Forces
- Religious tenets which forbid secular activity on election, primary or referendum day
- Service as an election official at a polling place other than the officials place of voting
- Thursday, October 28: Recommended last day for either an absentee ballot application or absentee ballot to be mailed to a voter. All voters should consider applying for an absentee ballot in-person after this date.
- Monday, November 1: Last day for voters to apply for an absentee ballot and vote their absentee ballot in-person at the Town Clerk's office.
- Tuesday, November 2: Voted absentee ballots must be received by the Town Clerk's office by 8:00 p.m. on the day of the election. In-person delivery of voted absentee ballots on the day of election must be deposited in the absentee ballot dropbox located in the rear parking lot of Windsor Town Hall, 275 Broad St.
- Tuesday, November 2: The absentee ballot dropbox is available for contactless option to deliver absentee ballots. The absentee ballot dropbox will remain open until 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 2nd (Election Day).