The Sustainability/Clean Energy Task Force shall have the following powers and duties:
- Will work with Town Staff to identify sustainability opportunities.
- Shall identify and study viable and feasible sustainability projects and programs to reduce energy consumption and/or expenses in town and school facilities.
- Shall increase public awareness, education, and municipal participation in sustainability efforts including energy conservation, renewable resources, and other environmentally friendly practices.
- Shall provide an annual report to the Town Council and provide any reports as necessary and upon request.
- Shall serve in an advisory capacity and recommendations shall not bind the Town to take any specific action or require that it appropriate funds.
- Shall do such other duties as assigned by Council from time to time.
As per Section 5.1 (d) of the Town Charter, the council shall not appoint more than a bare majority of any one party on any board. This board/commission presently has: