(1) Work with town staff, businesses, schools, and other stakeholders to identify opportunities for the arts community.
(2) Partner with and/or support local artists and arts organizations.
(3) Support education in the arts.
(4) Increase public awareness, collaboration, education, and enjoyment of the arts in the community.
(5) Shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Town Council on matters related to arts and culture. Recommendations shall not bind the Town to take any specific action or require that it appropriate funds.
(6) The commission shall provide a report with recommendations to the Town Council and provide any reports as necessary and upon request.
(7) Such other duties as assigned by Council.
As per Section 5.1 (d) of the Town Charter, the council shall not appoint more than a bare majority of any one party on any board. This board/commission presently has: