If all voter registration deadlines have been missed a bona fide resident of the town of Windsor may register to vote and cast a ballot at the special Election Day Registration location, on the lower level of Windsor Town Hall, Ludlow Room. Election Day Registration is from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
A voter must bring the appropriate proof of identity and residency. See below for acceptable proof.
The Election Day Registration process requires verification that the voter is not registered to vote in any other municipality in CT, or, if the voter is registered, election officials must determine that the individual has not voted in the other municipality by telephoning the corresponding Registrars of Voters.
The entire process is lengthy, as it includes voter registration, verification, and then finally actual casting of a ballot. Depending on the popularity of this option and the individual voter’s circumstances, wait times can vary from a minimum of 20 minutes to an hour.
This option is only available at the EDR location at Town Hall. It is not available at neighborhood polling places.
Election Day Registration
- Voter must appear in person
- Must provide proof of BOTH
CT DRIVER’S or LEARNERS PERMIT or STATE I.D. with your Windsor address satisfies both requirements.
OR (one from each list below)
1. PROOF OF IDENTITY
- Driver’s License (non-Windsor satisfies identification only)
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- College Photo ID
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Oath of another elector or proof satisfactory to registrars (for I.D. only)
2. PROOF OF RESIDENCY
**must state your name & Windsor address on the form**
- Utility Bill (due not later than 30 days after the election)
- Current college or university registration or fee statement
- Rental or Lease agreement
- Mortgage monthly bill/statement
- Current paycheck or bank statement
- Property tax bill
- Fishing / Hunting license
- Auto Registration
- Social Security statement
- Current IRS W-2 form
Election Day Registration
6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Individual must bring appropriate proof of identity and residency. (See acceptable list)
The Election Day Registration process requires verification that the individual is either:
- NOT registered to vote in any other municipality in CTOR
- if registered to vote, the individual has NOT voted in the other municipality for this election
- Election official must call other municipality to determine if the individual voted already.
WAIT TIME: 20 minutes to 1 hour varies based on individual voter’s circumstances.