Town Vision & Values
Vision defines for us how we want to be perceived by our customers, stakeholders and the many others visiting or working in our community.
To create an exceptional quality of life that engages citizens, provides commercial and leisure amenities, promotes business and employment opportunities and unsurpassed value to all taxpayers.
Mission is designed to communicate the expectation that our services and programs are here for the sole purpose of serving our citizens and community in a manner that will improve the quality of life for all.
“To create an environment where the dreams can come true for individuals, families, and businesses.”
The Leadership Philosophy explains what we believe about the nature of people, motivation, distribution of knowledge, and work. This philosophy deeply affects the way we choose to manage.
Windsor’s Leadership Philosophy:
The Town of Windsor is an organization made up of diverse individuals who are enthusiastic, creative, competent and trustworthy, and who strive to do a good job. We support and practice participatory management built on a foundation of an open exchange of information, shared decision-making and personal responsibility.
We are committed to fulfilling our mission through use of best practices and quality service. The organization nurtures an environment that encourages risk-taking to foster creativity and continuous improvement. We communicate and work in collaboration with the community we serve.
We take great pride in our work. The organization is dedicated to personal and professional development. We understand and promote our organizational values of innovation, responsiveness, passion, integrity and partnership.
We also recognize that how we go about the delivery of services and programs is important to achieving our vision. We must therefore, foster an organizational culture that is built on the following Core Values.
- Integrity Saying what we mean and consistently doing what we say. It means honestly matching words and feelings with thoughts and actions, with no desire other than for the good of the community.
- Responsiveness Quality as defined by the customer. We exemplify responsiveness in our willingness to help customers and to provide prompt service in a dependable and accurate manner.
- Innovation The process of effectively and profitably taking new ideas to satisfied customers. It is a process of continual renewal involving the whole organization and is an essential part of everyday practice.
- Passion The excitement of doing something – vocation or avocation, art or mission, idea or ideal that we find fulfilling and deeply satisfying. People with passion ignite enthusiasm, inspire excellence and invoke enhanced performance.
- Partnership There are more leaders, because people can take turns assuming leadership for tasks where they have knowledge and ability. Leaders inspire and facilitate rather than just give orders that have to be obeyed. Our partnerships also extend to the community where accountability also flows in two directions.