When do I need a Stormwater Management Permit?

A Stormwater Management Permit is required for any and all activities meeting the following criteria:

  • New development or redevelopment that involves the creation of 5,000 square feet or more of impervious cover, or that involves other land development activities of one (1.0) acre or more.
  • Any new development or redevelopment, regardless of size, that is defined as an “establishment” as defined in C.G.S. 22a-134.

One copy shall be submitted to the Town Engineer for review and approval.  Permit fees can be found on the Stormwater Ordinances & Permits page.