When do I need an Erosion & Sediment Control Permit?

An Erosion & Sediment Control Permit is required for any and all activities which result in the disturbance of more than one-half (0.5) acre of land, with the exception of the following:

  • Any emergency activity that is immediatly necessary for the protection of life, property, or natural resources.
  • Nursery and agricultural operation conducted as a principal, main or accessory use.
  • Construction of a single family detached dwelling, disturbing less than one (1.0) acre of land, that is not part of a subdivision or larger development of land, provided that a permit is not required by the Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission.

One copy shall be submitted to the Town Engineer for review and approval.  Permit fees can be found on the Stormwater Ordinances & Permits page.