Can I put up a sign on my property or building?

Most non-residential uses are entitled to some form of signage and signs are even permitted in limited instances in the residential zones. Political signs are considered protected speech and are not regulated by the town. Due to the complexity of the sign regulations, you should consult Section 3 of the Zoning Regulations and speak with theĀ Planning Department(860 285-1980) staff before purchasing or installing a sign. Site Plan approval and a Building Permit are required to install new signs. In some cases, sign faces can be changed without a permit.