How do I contact a board or commission member?

Contact with Town Planning and Zoning commissioners, Inland Wetlands and Watercourses commissioners or Zoning Board of Appeals members outside of a commission meeting to discuss matters pending before their board or commission is generally prohibited.  The Town Planning and Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission, and Zoning Board of Appeals regularly hold meetings and public hearings to hear from both applicants and the public.  With everybody present, people on both sides of an issue will have an opportunity to express themselves and respond to opposing statements if necessary.

Letters to the Town Planning and Zoning Commission or Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission should be e-mailedor mailed to commissioners care of the Planning Department, 275 Broad Street, Windsor, CT 06095.  Similarly, letters to the Zoning Board of Appeals should be e-mailed or mailed to board members care of the Building Department, 275 Broad Street, Windsor, CT 06095.  All letters will be copied and distributed to the respective board or commission members and become part of the public record.

Letters or e-mails sent directly to board or commission members could be construed as an attempt to privately influence their decision so members will be instructed to forward letters sent directly to them to the Building or Planning Department or to bring them to the next meeting to be read aloud into the public record.

Our Citizens Guide to the Town Planning and Zoning Commission explains how you can participate in the public hearing process.