How do I know if I have wetlands on my property?

Start by coming to Town Hall to look at our maps.  We may already have information about your property.  If we do not have any information, the information is questionable, or it is more than 10 years old, a state registered soil scientist is required to test the soil and make a report and drawing.  The information from the soil scientist is transferred to a survey of your property by a CT licensed land surveyor.  The regulated distance is then measured and the desired activity placed on the drawing.  If a regulated activity is proposed within a regulated area or will otherwise impact a regulated area, an Inland Wetlands Permit is required.