Community Services Options
- Food Share‘s volunteers are essential to their work. Must be 12 ages or older to volunteer without a parent/guardian. 450 Woodland Avenue, Bloomfield, CT. 860-286-7860. www.foodshare.org
- Windsor Fuel and Food Bank needs volunteers the first Saturday of every month for their Stop & Stop Food Drive. Call Florance Barlow at 860-688-2486 or 860-967-7855 to sign up.
Laws that Apply to Minors
- Employment of Minors – Before youth can start their first job, remember that there are some restrictions set on the types of jobs you can do and the hours you can work depending on your age. https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/wgwkstnd/minors/wg14yes.htm
- Teen Driving Laws – There are certain laws that apply to new teen drivers. http://www.ct.gov/teendriving/site/default.asp
Mental Health and Wellness Resources
- Mary’s Place a non-profit organization that provides a safe place in which children, teens, and families who are grieving a death share their experiences, receive support and find comfort. 6 Poquonock Avenue, Windsor, CT 860-688-9621 www.marysplacect.org