Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Recreation and Leisure Services office?

The office is located on 599 Matianuck Avenue, Windsor, CT 06095, LP Wilson Community Center.

How do I register for a Recreation and Leisure Services program?

There are three convenient ways to register for Recreation and Leisure Services Programs.

  • Visit the L.P. Wilson Community Center at 599 Matianuck Avenue, Monday through
  • Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM or on Saturday from 8:00 AM to noon.
  • Mail to 599 Matianuck Ave. Windsor, CT 06095
  • Online at

Can I obtain a refund on a program registration?

All refunds will be credited to your customer account unless program registration fee was paid by credit card, in which case a refund will be credited back to your credit card account. Refunds processed back to credit cards usually appear on the next month’s statement.  If you have any question regarding the refund policy, please feel free to call us at 285-1990.

Why can I not hit golf balls in a park, especially if no one is there?

When a person is hitting a golf ball the ball travels over a great deal of space and anyone who happens to be within that space is at danger of being hit.  When hitting golf balls one digs up grass and leaves divots, which makes the area unsafe.

Golf balls left behind in the grass can also easily be picked up by the large mowers used by maintenance crews and become dangerous high speed objects that may cause serious damage or injury.

Where can I obtain a pool pass?

The Recreation Office at: LP Wilson Community Center, 599 Matianuck Avenue, Windsor, CT 06095

Who should I contact if I see something in a park that requires repair or attention?

Should you see a park facility or an amenity that requires repair or attention, please contact the Public Works division (860) 285-1857 and make a report.

How do I know if a program is cancelled or not?

For the latest information and cancellations of Windsor Recreation and Leisure Services activities, please contact our info-line at (860) 285-1988

How do I reserve a park or facility?

All facility and park requests are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and will only be accepted one year in advance of the requested date (unless otherwise noted). Liability Insurance Coverage naming the Town of Windsor as an additional insure for a minimum of one (1) million dollars is required and must be submitted before the facility request will be approved.

How do I get an ID number for registering online?

  1.   Go to and click Recreation and Leisure Services button
  2. Click view programs and on-line registration page
  3. Click “My Account” to request an ID number and password
  4. Click “Request a new account now” hyperlink
  5. Complete all requested fields then click “Submit”
  6. You will receive your user ID number in one (1) business day

Is there a non-resident fee for programs?

Yes, there is a $10.00 non-resident fee for all of our general programs.  Fees for aquatic programs are double the fee for non-residents.